Virginia Beach Family Photographer | #MomLife Series
Today, I have a Kindergarten graduate. How is that even possible?! While my heart may turn into a puddle of mush, I am really looking forward to our Summer together.
When I consider how many Summers I have with my young children before they are grown, I can feel the years passing swiftly. And let's face it, the older they become the busier we may be. So for now, I'm relishing the joys of having a couple of simple months off school with them.
We sat down and chatted about what big and little things we'd like to do this Summer. Here's our list in no particular order :)
- Beach time! As much as we can get.
- Bike rides.
- Norfolk Botanical Gardens. They have an amazing splash pad and lots of activities for kiddos during the Summer.
- YMCA and neighborhood pool. All the swim practice and chlorine we can get!
- Playdates with friends.
- Library dates. We go weekly and I'm excited about having the girls participate in the Summer Reading Challenge again this year.
- Amusement Parks. Ocean Breeze and Busch Gardens if we can swing it.
- S'mores. Because... chocolate and marshmallowy graham cracker goodness.
- Farmer's Markets. Best time of the year to enjoy fresh produce!
- Berry picking. Freeze bags for Winter!
- Writing stories and journaling. A great quiet time activity.
- Dollar Movie Days! Thank you, Regal :)
- Playing with the garden hose, chalk, bubbles and other backyard shenanigans.
- Fireworks. I hope my kids can hang this year, we'll see!
- Park time. In the morning before the slides are fiery infernos and burning their thighs.
- Painting and arts n crafts. My girls love it all, time to stock up at Michael's.
- Pajama Days. My girls love this, and I usually get a nap out of it ;)
- Spa Days. When I paint 40 fingers and toes and get my hair braided all crazy.
- Science experiments. I MUST make a volcano explode. Any tips?
- Tent building and backyard camping. We'll see who lasts outside at night, ha!
I think this is a pretty good start! Even if we only get to 1/2 of these activities, I consider that a win :)
What are you plans for the Summer? Any amazing camps or activities your kiddos are signed up for? Happy graduation/promotion week to all the kids!
Be brave, Moms.